5.12.2006

Will you marry me?

As I leave my apartment each morning I walk past the same neighbors, taking the ususal 2 seconds to exchange grettings, and go on my way. But today there was someone I'd never noticed before standing at his stoop. As I approached, he smiled friendly, and said "hello."
"Hi," I replied, "Have a good day."
"Will you marry me," he mumbled...
"What?!" I said, not understanding, "did you just ask me if I was married?"
"No, I asked you to marry me," he replied, with much more confidance.
"Oh," I said, not knowing what else to say...
"Well, will you marry me?" he asked again.
"No," I responded.
"Okay, well can I atleast call you?" he asked.
"No," I said smiling, surprised, and not knowing what emotion I should feel.
"Well then I guess I'll just see you around?" he asked.
"Yeah, I guess so," I replied.

Then I went on my way. As it turned out, I had the worst day I've had in about 6 months, including many "incidents" at school, 2 popped tires on my car, and more worries than I want to face, but still this morning sticks with me, and as I walked to my building this evening, I looked to see if he was around...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

5/18/2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger liquidwafflegirl said...

Useful information? How is anything I write useful in any way?

5/27/2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.liquidwafflegirl.com