5.11.2006

I am NOT a mom.

I get called a lot of things... and I am a lot of things. One thing I am not... A mom.
In the past few weeks I have been called "mom" on 3 seperate occasions.

Time #1:
Jerry: "But mom! I don't want to get off the computer!"
Me: "Hunh?" (with startled and confused look on face)
Jerry: "Oh Geez Ms. G- I'm sorry, I'm just so used to talking to my mom..."

Time #2:
Ray: "MOM! I need help!"
Me: "Hunh?" (with startled and confused look on face)
Ray: "Weird, did I just call you mom? haha."

Time #3:
Tyler: "NO! I am not doing this mom! This is too much work, I AM NOT DOING THIS!"
Me: "I am NOT your mother"
Tyler: "God!! It was a mistake, OKAY?? I am not F***ing doing this S***"

I am not a mom. It's strange how scary it can be to have kids call you "mom"- and for Tyler... I didn't mean to say it like that (it's how my stepfather would say it when I would yell through the house looking for MY mom), but still, I'm no mom.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5/18/2006 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the one and only time I called a teacher mother... It must have been kindergarten (plastic yellow lunchbox) and I was coming out of the nap-time stupor, and I needed to find the post-nap milk cartons. I was mortified and I still remember it 24 years later!

What I find most astonishing is that they are using the esteemed title of mother and attaching such hostility to it. :( I would never talk to my mother that way, and I would have a deeper respect for my teacher!

1/23/2009 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.liquidwafflegirl.com