11.08.2006

A Parallel Land

As I am visiting Cameroon, Africa, I can't help but see the striking similarities between the large cities here and Newark, NJ. Infact, after just arriving in Douala, Cameroon I had a hard time distinguishing that I was anywhere other than Newark. Albiet I was generally delerious from he overwhelming amount of travel I did, but it just seems very similar.

Douala looks much like Newark. The only difference that is noticable is that the roads here are not paved, and the dirt is red, rather than brown. The people, the buildings, the music, the rap artists, the smells... they are all very similar to Newark. They speak English here-- "special english" that is-- but even that is not far from the thick Jersey accents and the deep talking that we hear in Little Bricks.

There is much more that I want to share about this parallel land-- but it is not easy to get things done on the computers here (a difference I must add between Newark and Africa), so I will write more when I return to the States.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found Kelsey :)

11/08/2006 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.liquidwafflegirl.com