9.11.2006

Bad Wolves hit the scene

So... It's gone okay so far-- infact, I am pretty happy with the way things have been going in the classroom. I have a much better idea of WHAT THE HELL I'M DOING, considering I came into this last year without anything--(experience, curriculum, teaching degree, etc).

Today was day 3. Day one was hell. Day 2 was better, but today was pretty close to good. So far I have only 7 students, and I've determined that between 6 and 8 is perfect for a BD setting... any less than 6 and students don't think that anything matters, because it doesn't feel like school... any more than 8 and things are more likely to get out of control, and riots take place. I have just one girl (classification happens in such bias ways) and she seems to be doing alright.

We have a team name for the class, student generated. It was a close call between "the spirit squad" and "bad wolves" and to my delight, "Bad Wolves" won. I am in the process of generating a team logo for the class with my roommate, and we have already started to integrate the name into everything we can for the classroom. I think that it is going to be a great thing, I am really excited. My students don't have team pride YET for the Bad Wolves, but it's only a matter of time.

Rick is back this year and hasn't changed at all from last year- today he body slammed Tally onto the ground (for no reason except to prove that he was capable). It is strange because Rick was one of my students that did my homework packet over the summer, so when I took him on an outing as a reward, he behaved perfectly. I guess that school just sets kids off sometimes-- I just hope that we can shake Rick out of it before he really hurts someone. I am working on all sorts of incentive plans and behavior mods, so hopefully we will get him under control before too long.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am really hopeful for this school-year, and I think that I have a lot of good things going-- I just hope that it all works.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still have Miss Baker?
Are your computers where you want them?
How is your Kosher fridge?

9/12/2006 3:06 AM  
Blogger liquidwafflegirl said...

1) yes, I still have Ms. Baker- for those that don't know me personally, she is my classroom aide.

2) yes, my computers are where I want them for now-- but that is still being negotiated, and we don't have "district approval" to be out of compliance with "policy"-- oye vey.

3) I LOVE my kosher fridge.
l-o-v-e, and it's entirely KOSHER!

9/12/2006 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.liquidwafflegirl.com