6.15.2006

Awards Ceremony

We had an unannounced awards ceremony this afternoon, which I was pretty frustrated about because I had a lot to get through with my students today, but as it tends to be, most teachers have stopped teaching this year, so they don't seem to think that surprises should inturrupt anyone's teaching schedule.

Anyway, I won the big award, which was really surprising. I got "Novice teacher of the Year." They even gave me a plaque with my name inscribed! Jerry called it before they awarded it to me-- he looked at me and said "this one is yours Ms. G!" I shook my head at him to let him know that it wasn't fo me... but then they called my name.

When we got back to the class Amber asked, "Well, are you going to leave it here and hang it in the classroom?"

"No, I don't want it to get ruined or broken, I think I'll take it home," I responded.

And then Jerry said, "That's a good idea Ms. G, you earned that."

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger liquidwafflegirl said...

Hey, I know that there are atleast 4 of you out there that look at this... you are supposed to congratulate me!!

6/23/2006 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill even though this post is a little old, CONGRADULATIONS!!! I have seen firsthand what a great job you do with those kids. I really think you deserve it.

6/29/2006 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.liquidwafflegirl.com