4.02.2008

3rd Graders Plot to kill Teacher

I recieved this text from a close friend yesterday: "Did you hear about the BD 3rd grade class in GA that plotted to kill their teacher? 9 students involved."

"Woah!- April fools?" I responded, thinking it was a cruel trick to pull.

"No! For real!"

I looked it up, it really happened. (Click on the title above to read a news article.) A class of special needs 3rd graders in Georgia came up with an elaborate plot to kill their teacher after she yelled at one of them. I have to say that this news really freaked me out, and while I'm currently writing about it, I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't get turned in to a huge national news story and give any other students ideas...

I could rant now for pages and pages about how things like this come to be, and what the teacher and administration should have and could have done; but the truth is, it scared me because while I am shocked to hear of this plot, I am not at all surprised. Our system is failing our children, and as a hard-working, dedicated BD teacher, I know that I am doing my best and that it simply is not enough.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Buford said...

Great blog. Please check out and follow mine at www.specialeducationteacher.me

4/10/2009 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Essay Papers said...

Your post includes one of those post which one is really admirable and have great knowledge to spread..
and there is good thing that you explained each and every thing in a easier way.. that's i love your post and sharing this post to others.. thanks for that exclusive one post...

6/14/2011 3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.liquidwafflegirl.com